Slayved __ Auta Kings


SLAYved

Wipe! Wipe!!
This isn't the sound we hear,
Crackle! Crackle!!
Is the sound we obey.
Our parents told us similar story,
But never told us it's gonna be our turn today.

I turn around and scream for help,
Behold my brother was my terror.
He cocked his gun and threatened my existence,
I kept wondering why his lenses has pictured me inferior,
Why has his heart turned sour and made him bring me to this place?

I came to visit you in your house,
I thought I had come to visit a brother.
You took away my blouse,
You offered me not even a cup of water,
I thought you wanted us to relax and have a chat
Before I knew it, I was in the hands of a trader

You were suppose to be my brother,
But you became my trader.
I sat in obedience right before you
Waiting for my buyer.
You put a price tag on me
Really?!
How much does our blood cost?
Blooder?
What's your trademark?

Auta Kings

©2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEM: DEADPAN by Solape Adetutu Adeyemi

PROSE: IF YOU GO by Akpadolu Chioma

ESSAY: LOOK AT ME IN THE FACE IF YOU LOVE ME, I'M FROM THE EAST by Nnadube Jonathan Ejiogu