POEM: NOSTALGIA by Cheta Okam


They say, the human body is an ocean,


A time as this, 

I pour my whole self into an empty cup,

Not minding how much of me spills on the table of emptiness.

I take the form of any shell that holds me.


They say, water is colourless


A time as this, 

I hide my rainbow under a cloudy thought, 

To withhold the rain from washing away the memories of friendship.


Walls are built against the darts of emotions 

which remind us of who we are not, but scared we have become.


So, living is to me, a journey of water,

of river, of ocean, a journey of unbecoming.



Cheta Okam is a Pan African Poet whose thematic  cuts across humanity and existence at large.

He views life as Poetry. And this has been his propelling force in the art. 

His poetic works are published in some African Anthologies like "Boys Are Not Stones: Country Of Broken Boys II", "Threnody To The Great Son Of Mgborie", amongst others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEM: DEADPAN by Solape Adetutu Adeyemi

PROSE: IF YOU GO by Akpadolu Chioma

THE NATION THAT CLINCHES TO SUPERSTARS (case study - Ayshatu Jibo) - By: Babatunde Adeleke .A