POEM: LET ME BE YOUR LIFE by Aliyu Idris

 

The thunderbolt of your love strikes my heart,

lighting the joy of my world.

Look at my eyes with unwavering love,

let me sing a love song for you. 

The song adorably orchestrated from my heart.

Let me sink in the ocean of your love 

as fragrance of your body 

enslaves my straddle heart.


My soul is caged

in the boulevards of your love. 

I am a sailor in your love,

lost in Bermuda Triangle.

Save me from death.


I am destitute, 

starving for an apartment in your heart.

Lock me in the envelope of your life,

keep me at the axis of your love,

and let my love guard your life.


I want to be the blood in your veins. 

Let me dwell in your soul,

reincarnating constant happiness.



Aliyu Idris is an entrepreneur, poet,reader,footballer,writer, aspiring linguist, literary enthusiast from Jimeta Yola North Local Government, Adamawa State, Nigeria. He holds NCE from Federal College of Education Yola studied Education and English Language (Double Major), and is a current student of English Language at the Department of English and Literary Studies, Bayero University, Kano.

 He is one of the founders of the first indigenous literary club in Jimeta-Yola metropolis named “Sunshine Literary Club Yola”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEM: DEADPAN by Solape Adetutu Adeyemi

POEM: KHUN RAT by Richard Oyama

POEM: BABY SISTER'S CLUB by Mike L. Nichols